Visa for Belgium
Mandatory form for Extra-Schengen air travel to Belgium 'Public Health Passenger Locator Form"
Every passenger on an Extra-Schengen flight to Belgium is obliged to complete the "Public Health Passenger Locator Form" prior to travel. On arrival in Belgium, the form must be handed over to the designated authorities at the border. This is a sanitary measure imposed by the Federal Public Service Health, Food Chain Safety and Environment. Further information can be found on the form itself.
Important notice to the visa applicants
SINCE November the 14th of 2016 TLS is handling the visa applications for Belgium at the following address:
VISA APPLICATION CENTER
Open 11:00 – 12:30 (for visa application appointments)
The Embassy of Belgium works since 2016 with the outsourcing partner TLS. As from November 17, 2019 any visa application will be subject to the prepayment of service fees in Egyptian pounds which amounts to the equivalent of 25 Euros payable at the rate in force. All information concerning this procedure you can find on the website of TLS.
The prepayment should be made within a maximum of twenty-four (24) hours after making an appointment on the site https://be.tlscontact.com/eg/CAI/index.php
If this deadline has been exceeded the appointment will be automatically canceled.
To successfully complete this operation you will need to bring your individual reference and make the payment as follows:
- Online prepayment through the FAWRY online payment network or
- Cash prepayment in the TLScontact center in Cairo during opening hours of said centers The appointment can only be modified once forty-eight (48) hours before the date of the scheduled appointment.
The Embassy advises all visa applicants to check the website of TLS to get all information concerning visa applications https://be.tlscontact.com/eg/CAI/index.php
New contribution for visa LONG stay - D
Since the 2nd of March 2015, a contribution is required for the processing of certain long stay (D) visa applications.
This contribution can be paid by either the applicant or a third person (family members, acquaintance, sponsor, guarantor, etc.). This contribution should be paid into the account of the Immigration Office in Belgium.
The proof of payment of this contribution needs to be presented at the time of the introduction of the visa application. Should the applicant be unable to provide a proof of payment, the visa application will be deemed inadmissible.
This contribution is to be paid on top of the handling fee of the long stay visa (handling fee = the equivalent of €180 in local currency). The handling fee will still need to be paid at the time of the application. An exemption for the handling fee, does not necessarily imply that one is also exempt for the contribution.
We therefore recommend you to carefully consult the website of the Immigration Office with regards to the amount of the contribution and the manner in which this is to be paid.
- Any bank charges or charges related to the transfer will need to be borne by the applicant or whomever performs the transfer.
- In the event that you have not paid the full amount, you will have an additional 30 days to transfer the additional amount. If you do not provide the proof that the full amount was paid within this period, the amount already paid will not be reimbursed and the application will be inadmissible.
- The contribution will likewise not be reimbursed in the event of a refusal of the visa.
1) General information
- Do I need a visa?
- Where, when and how to apply?
- Visa Information System (VIS) – fingerprints & digital photograph
- Schengen States
- Photo specifications
- Travel insurance
- Insurance companies
- Authentication of documents
- Ministry of Foreign affairs Legalisation’s offices
- Studies: general information
- Agreed physicians
- Consular Fees & Exchange rate (Updated)
- EU, EEE or Swiss Confederation Family member
- In Belgium
- Appeal’s procedure
Please note all arabic documents have to be translated in English, French, Dutch or German.
See https://egypt.diplomatie.belgium.be/en/consular-services/translators for the list of authorised translators.
2) Visa short stay (Schengen)
- General requirements to be submitted by applicants
- List of supporting documents to be submitted by applicants for short stay visas and long stay visas please check TLS website https://be.tlscontact.com/eg/CAI/index.php